Transportation Warranty Manager
Company: Barney Trucking Inc (ND)
Location: Mount Carmel
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Barney Trucking is hiring a Warranty Manager who is responsible
to oversee, update, and develop all trucking equipment and parts
warranty procedures and programs. The Warranty Manager will work
with and provide oversight to the Fleet Services and Maintenance
teams as well as any applicable 3rd parties involved in any
function of the warranty process. Provide training to the managers
at shops and operation managers to ensure proper repair according
to manufacturer requirements, ensure information is collected as
well as the required parts retention procedures are followed in
order to ensure the highest return on investment of all extended
Essential Job Functions:
- Update warranty policies and procedures on an ongoing basis to
stay in line with vendor policies.
- Train Shop Managers, Parts Managers, and supporting staff on
updates and any policy changes that occur.
- Provide constructive feedback and solutions to Shop and
personnel when claim submittals are rejected or reduced for future
- Assist in failure analysis and provide feedback prior to claim
submission to avoid warranty rejections due to misdiagnosis or
- Manage all trucking equipment warranty submittals and resubmit
rejected or denied claims as needed.
- File vendor sublet warranty claims.
- Ensure all locations and third parties are supplying all
required information in as much detail as possible.
- Take the information from the maintenance management system and
enter a format that is conducive to third party vendors or
supporting filing OEM dealer requirements ensuring accuracy and
- Develop and report on warranty submittals with filing
- Understand all OEM, component manufacturers, parts and vendors
warranty policies and statements and related timelines.
- Understand all vendors' parts return policies, ensure all parts
are tagged, retained, and returned as required.
- Work with all shops and personnel to promote and clarify
equipment warranty and department policies.
- Deal with disputes concerning warranties.
- Track all open warranty work orders to ensure timely claim
- Financially maximize warranty recovery, return on investment,
and minimize our loss from rejected claims.
- Work with accounting to inform of claim status updates on
- Evaluate and recommend OEM reimbursed labor rate and file for
increases as allowed
- Look to outsource non-OEM third party warranty repairs and work
- Ensure all required records are retained per specified
timelines for each OEM.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Keywords: Barney Trucking Inc (ND), Saint George , Transportation Warranty Manager, Professions , Mount Carmel, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!