Company: Xanterra Parks & Resorts
Location: Grand Canyon
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join our team at Grand Canyon National Park! Are you
enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By
working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! No
matter what your jobs is, you will be a proud steward of the park
and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly
hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of
the World, The Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable
beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top notch hospitality.
JOB SUMMARY: Mechanical repairs on company owned and public
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee
housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other
Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible
employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the
beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live,
Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Assist all guests, internal and external in a polite and
- Act as a service representative as needed to meet customers and
diagnose problems before writing a work order.
- Complete mechanical repairs on company owned and public
vehicles in a timely, thorough, and cost efficient manner.
- Complete work orders accurately, listing all work completed,
all parts used and time spent.
- Order parts as necessary through the Parts Clerk.
- Operate the wrecker as needed, to include being on-call beyond
the daily garage hours of operation.
- Process cash and credit card transactions for work done outside
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental
policies in completion of tasks.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment while
- Assist with the training and development of less skilled
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years hands-on garage mechanic experience, two ASE
certifications, and/or ability to obtain certification in
auto/truck brakes within 6 months.
- Possess an understanding of DOT requirements as they relate to
work that will be done on fleet vehicles.
- Possess own hand and air style tools of sufficient quality to
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to the use, storage and
disposal of fluids, lubricants, batteries and tires.
- Must possess valid Arizona Driver's License and comply with
Xanterra South Rim Vehicle Policy. If in Bus Garage, must possess
valid Arizona Commercial Driver's License with Passenger (air
- Must possess or obtain a valid Arizona D.O.T. medical card
within 30 days of hire.
- Possess physical ability to perform the job, including bending,
crawling under vehicles, long periods of standing, and lifting and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Xanterra Parks & Resorts, Saint George , Automotive Mechanic, Other , Grand Canyon, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!