**Location, Job Title, Benefits**
**Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT** **has an opening for
**Administrative Assistant to Office of Simulation in Medicine
and Surgery** **(FT)**
**To be considered for this position applicants should submit a
resume/cover letter and salary requirements.**
**SALARY AND BENEFITS** :The salary of the finalist(s) selected
for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including
but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and
The above salary range represents the University's good faith
and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at
the time of posting.
RVU offers a full benefits package that included 401(k), Health,
Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
RVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provide administrative assistance and support to the Office of
Simulation in Medicine and Surgery
**Essential Job Functions**
1. Standardized Patient Encounters - Assist in recruiting,
screening and hiring plan for live actor Standardized Patients who
are then trained to portray patients for student learning. Assist
in scheduling the standardized patient encounters including student
schedules. Ability to work in both a virtual and in person
2. Surgical Simulation- Assist with set-up of simulated surgical
events of all programs at RVU, both intra- and extra-curricular.
Assist in setting up Surgical Simulations and maintenance schedules
of task trainers such as CutSuit and others. Assist with
maintaining surgical inventory and ordering of supplies.
1. Manikins- Assist with set-up and execution of simulated
manikin events of all programs at RVU, both intra- and
extra-curricular. Assist in scheduling of all simulation events.
Assist in maintaining inventory and maintenance.
1. Assist in facilitation for all aspects of training and
exams/events for simulated events including scheduling, room set up
in collaboration and under the direction of the Assistant
1. Assist in all aspects of the EMS system (or other software
programs) including entering case material, checklists and
post-encounter forms, all details for creating simulation sessions,
monitoring and troubleshooting during sessions, entering of student
and other data, and maintenance and security of the system.
1. Maintain secure and organized system for retention of
students' records pertaining to all simulation activities.
1. Assist in the planning, development and growth of the Office
of Simulation in Medicine and Surgery
2. Other duties as assigned.
**Marginal Job Functions**
1. Track inventory and order supplies for the Office.
2. Copies and collates simulation event materials.
3. Assist in maintenance of SIMS Web Site materials.
**Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Text Only)**
- Answer phones, route calls and schedule appointments.
- Assist in arranging travel and lodging logistics.
- Maintain Master Calendar.
- Order all supplies for the department and file expense reports
- Provide cross-coverage for other Administrative Assistant(s)
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of project management, team building and
- Strong ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work with confidential material.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and run EMS program and other software.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years of previous experience in secretarial/clerical
position required or equivalent work experience.
1. Professional background or experience in medicine or
2. Knowledge of scientific and medical terminology.
3. College degree.
**Final applicant will be required to pass background check and
**Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19
Response Team (CRT), will be implementing a mandatory vaccination
policy for all employees and students effective July 1, 2021**
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard
to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are
essential abilities and physical requirements for all position at
+ Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
+ Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
+ Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staff at all levels;
+ May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged
periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job
+ May be required to accomplish job duties using various types
of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens,
pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
+ May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
**Job ID** _2021-1323_
**Job Locations** _US-UT-Ivins_
**Type** _Regular Full-Time_
**Budgeted Salary Range** _$15.82 - $19.76 per hour_