Branch Operations Manager
Company: State Bank of Southern Utah
Location: Cedar City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Oversee entire operations function of the branch, including
supervising all tellers and new accounts personnel. Completes daily
recaps, balances the branch, maintains branch cash within limits.
Responsible for maintaining high quality customer service while
implementing bank policies and procedures. Ability to manage
operations staff in a professional and organized manner.
Responsible for hiring and training employees. Needs to have a
thorough understanding of how the entire branch operations works,
including the teller line and new accounts. Experience managing
employees is preferred.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist customers in their selection of various accounts,
products and financial services
- Meet with customers and resolve any problems or complaints
- Ensure a high level of customer service and ethics
- Facilitate with teller buys and sells to the vault, enforce
dual control procedures at all times
- Stay current and educated on all deposit, business, and
consumer loan products
- Ensure the branch and vaults are opened and closed on a timely
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to
all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk
management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's
compliance with all regulatory requirements; ensures that the
office and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Oversee and perform teller and new accounts operations as
needed during peak times (vacations and lunches, and other busy
- Be aware of customer needs and actively look to increase the
number of products and services used by current bank customers.
Assist in developing a cross-sell culture and programs.
- Streamline the loan process by taking applications and helping
the Branch Manager with their loans.
- Review daily reports and management of quarterly self-audit
- Balancing and reconcilement of the branch, vault, coin machine,
- Public Notary responsibilities and other duties as
- Supervise and ensure appropriate skill and staffing of the
branch (e.g., performance evaluations, disciplinary notices, on-the
job training, coaching/mentoring, providing career growth
- Staffing of the branch to ensure proper coverage at all times
- Maintain the appearance and maintenance of the building and
grounds of the property
- Facilitate meetings with staff to disseminate operational
information and to coach and mentor staff to provide excellent
customer service skills and compliance to bank policies, etc.
- Implementation of strategies and goals for the branch to ensure
branch reaches set goals and is in line with the banks overall
- Provide for proper security, maintenance, cleanliness, and
adequate supplies of the branch
- Maintain and prepare records and reports as needed
- 3 years of progressive branch operations experience as a
teller, teller supervisor, new accounts, or operations
- Must pass a credit & background check
Associates or Bachelor's degree
- Strong supervisory and coaching skills
- Desire to work with the public and be actively involved in the
- Knowledge of all bank products and services
- Proficient in reading and writing as well as the ability to
comprehend legal documents
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively both in person and over the
- Excellent customer service skills & attention to detail
- Be self-motivated to greet the public in a prompt, polite, and
- Maintain a professional and approachable appearance
- A head for numbers and business
- Acts as a team player - Collaborate and support colleagues and
peers across the organization, while still being able to work
independently when needed.
- Results oriented Meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple
demands and work with all types of individuals across the
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize
prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to be discreet with employee and customer
- Capacity to work independently and motivation to achieve goals
with minimal supervision.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments;
inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles;
upholds organizational values.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: State Bank of Southern Utah, Saint George , Branch Operations Manager, Other , Cedar City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!