The Cedar Band Travel Plaza is seeking great customer service
professionals to join our Cashier Clerk team. We offer Competitive
Wages ($12.00/hr), Quarterly Bonuses, Team Incentives, 401-K
Retirement, Holiday Pay, and Opportunities to Advance (we promote
from within). The Customer Service Clerks are responsible for
maintaining company standards of Customer Service, generating
sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signs, pricing, cash register
operations (POS) and loss prevention. This position will be the
primary contact for customers in addressing and answering inquiries
and complaints, as well as maintaining high performance at a
fast-pace for customer service productivity. Join our team and
enjoy working in a friendly environment interacting with great
people from all around.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ensure that each customer receives outstanding Customer
Service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting
and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding
standards, solid product knowledge.
2. Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information,
merchandise promotions, and advertisements.
3. Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance
and, processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in
receiving and monitoring floor stock, and housekeeping.
4. Adhere to all Company policies, procedures, and practices
including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
5. Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions
and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS
6. Communicate customer requests to management.
Essential Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to process information/merchandise through the
computer system and POS register system.
2. Ability to communicate with associates and guests, read,
count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
4. Ability to freely access all areas of the store including
selling floor, stock area, register area, and operate/use all
5. Ability to climb ladders and move or handle merchandise
throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies
1. Able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain
2. Working knowledge of POS systems.
3. Detail-oriented with great organizational skills.
4. Strong ability to multi-task and effectively manage time.
5. Professionalism for in-person customer service and client
6. Problem solving/analysis and teamwork orientation.
7. Proficient communicator with technical capacity.
8. Must have a valid Drivers License.
9. Must be at least 21 years of age.
10. Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
This job operates in a fast-paced retail/convenient store
environment. This role routinely uses standard store equipment such
as computers, phones, filing cabinets, inventory stocking,
cleaning, organizing, and more.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand and sit for prolonged periods of time; walk; use
hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms;
lift up to 50 pounds, carry stock and merchandise, and
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, hours of work and days are seven
days a week, Monday through Sunday, 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
(midnight) including holidays.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Customer service experience (in-person/face-to-face).
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Experience with G-site POS system register
2. Experience working in a gas station, convenience store, or
other comparable stores.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to legally work within the United States of
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.