Part Time Dining Room Server-The Grand Hotel Tusayan, AZ
Company: Xanterra Parks & Resorts
Location: Grand Canyon
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Please note!! Part time positions are not eligible for company
Responsible for taking food and beverage orders and providing
high level guest service while efficiently and courteously serving
our valued dining room patrons. This position is full-time
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and
- Provide prompt, attentive and courteous service to dining room
guests at all times in accordance with policies on guest
- Accurately take, fill, deliver and charge guest orders for food
and beverage using system provided (currently Micros POS
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items including daily food
specials, portions, preparation, ingredients and presentation of
menu items. Be knowledgeable of wine, beer and liquor.
- Comply with all State of Arizona alcohol serving laws & company
policies (for example: current law requiring requesting proper
identification of guests who appear to be under the age of
- Strictly adhere to Arizona State Liquor Laws and Xanterra
Alcohol Policy at all times in the serving of alcoholic
- Bring any alcohol/intoxication related issues with guests to
the immediate attention of the bartender, working lead or
- Proper and efficient use of the POS system in ordering
beverages and keeping voids to an absolute minimum.
- Describe drink recipes when requested by the guests.
- Comply with all company Food & Beverage Standards.
- Comply with all company policies regarding tip reporting.
- Perform all opening and closing side duties as assigned, per
- Responsible for maintaining proper sanitation of the dining
room and side station areas while adhering to food safety
- Communicate manager on out of stock items or guest food
- Handle guest complaints politely and in a timely fashion
(involving the management team when necessary).
- Communicate with team members for additional service with any
tables in assigned section.
- Attend and successfully complete all required training
seminars/classes as assigned and scheduled.
- Stringently comply with all company appearance and hygiene
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental
policies in performing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older to be able to legally
serve and sell alcohol beverages in the state of Arizona.
- Requires knowledge of various types of beer, wine and liquor to
be able to answer questions and make suggestions.
- Previous front of the house experience as a Server, Cashier,
Host, or Expeditor.
- Knowledge of food sanitation programs and policies.
- High level guest service skills.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written
communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement restaurant conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required alcohol awareness and food safety
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and
various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand
coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and
pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and
pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on
cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
EEO: Xanterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information,
protected veteran status, or any other legally protected
Keywords: Xanterra Parks & Resorts, Saint George , Part Time Dining Room Server-The Grand Hotel Tusayan, AZ, Other , Grand Canyon, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!