Company: Xanterra Parks & Resorts
Location: Grand Canyon
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Join our team at Grand Canyon National Park! Are you
enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By
working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! No
matter what your jobs is, you will be a proud steward of the park
and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly
hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of
the World, The Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable
beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top notch hospitality.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide security for Xanterra South Rim
properties and to provide safety and security to
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee
housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other
Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible
employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the
beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your change to Live,
Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Insure the safety and security of all Xanterra South Rim
properties by making at least two checks of the patrol zones per
- Assist National Park Service Law Enforcement on scene, and
follow instructions/directives given by scene commander.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with National Park
Service Law Enforcement.
- Resolve situations within your control and within guidelines
established by Risk Management, the Security Department and
National Park Service Law Enforcement.
- Escort Accounting personnel on cash runs and deposit runs,
providing security escort service to the Accounting personnel.
- Compile daily logs and write incident reports in timely and
accurate manner, using department approved software.
- Interact with Housing Department personnel in making rounds
through employee housing areas, and assisting as needed and/or
- Enroll, attend and successfully complete ongoing training
classes as determined by the Security Lieutenant and the Fire &
- Perform BAT and Urinalysis testing on employees per company
policy as needed.
- Adhere to all safety, Risk Management and environmental
- May be called upon to assist in the handling, storage and/or
disposal of hazardous materials.
- Ability to adapt to a 24/7 rotating schedule with shifts of 10
and 12 hour duration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Drivers License and comply with the
Xanterra South Rim Company Vehicle Policy.
- Must be at least twenty-one years of age at time of hire.
- Excellent written, verbal, and problem solving skills; plus
ability to interact effectively with guests, employees and other
- Possess computer skills necessary to complete required online
- Ability to calmly deal with medical, fire, security or safety
- Working knowledge of radio communications.
- BAT and Urinalysis training must be successfully
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Xanterra Parks & Resorts, Saint George , Security Officer, Other , Grand Canyon, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!