Activities Desk Assistant Manager
Company: Xanterra Parks & Resorts
Location: Grand Canyon
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join our team at Grand Canyon National Park! Are you
enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By
working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! No
matter what your jobs is, you will be a proud steward of the park
and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly
hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of
the World, The Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable
beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top notch hospitality.
JOB SUMMARY:Assist with the oversight and operations of the
Activities Desks at the Bright Angel and Maswik Lodges, setting the
standard for desk organization, function and quality guest
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee
housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other
Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible
employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the
beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live,
Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Assist all guests, internal and external in a polite and
- Provide daily supervision and evaluate the job performance of
the Activities Desk Agents and Lead Clerks.
- As needed, assist with scheduling the desk staff at the Maswik
and Bright Angel Lodges, to provide adequate coverage according to
business demands and in an effort to establish an efficient and
- Assist with the training of new employees as well as on-going
training that is needed for the desk staff to promote professional
- Support and coach the staff to ensure they provide consistent
and a high level of service to our guests, both internal and
- Assist the Activities Desk Manager as requested on the review
process for the assigned staff.
- Use discretion and professionalism when handling employee
related issues and administer positive recognition or corrective
action as necessary.
- Work closely with the staff in the Central Reservations office,
the livery, Phantom Ranch and the tour bus operations to ensure the
proper and correct inventory levels are maintained and the maximum
revenue potential is achieved.
- Maintain open and honest communication with the department
director, the desk staff, your peers and the staff in the related
- Monitor cash flow and credit card operations of the desk while
maintaining accuracy in account handling and reconciling any
discrepancies as they occur.
- Ensure that assigned staff is adhering to all Xanterra South
Rim, Risk Management and Environmental policies and
- Use a sense of discretion and professionalism when working with
our guests, handling complaints, making reasonable adjustments to
guest accounts when warranted.
- Assist as needed in the development of the annual financial
plan and the monthly P&L variance report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess sufficient experience and technical expertise in all
functions of a front office operation.
- Experience with Opera front office software.
- Ability to train new personnel and maintain an ongoing training
- Ability to work with a diverse employee base and guest
clientele in a variety of situations.
- One to three year's management experience preferably in guest
service setting preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Xanterra Parks & Resorts, Saint George , Activities Desk Assistant Manager, Other , Grand Canyon, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!