Department Manager Starbucks
Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Department Manager Starbucks
PURPOSE: Directs and controls the operation of the coffee bar.
Supervises and trains coffee bar personnel. Orders coffee bar
products. Ensures product quality, selection and availability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to
meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer
relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of
customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of
personalized service in the coffee bar.
- Fulfills customer orders by preparing specialty drinks and
beverages and by properly stocking pastry and other display
- Orders, receives and breaks downloads. Stocks, displays and
rotates product to ensure compliance with vendor and Company
requirements on quality, temperature, cleanliness, selection,
display and proper inventory level to meet customer demands.
Prevents the sale of out of code product. Creates effective
displays for coffee, cups, pastry and other related merchandise in
the coffee bar.
- Maintains and cleans all production equipment to maintain
proper repair and order.
- Operates check stand equipment such as cash register and
scanner to process customer orders. Monitors cash handling
procedures. Assists customers by answering questions on product
specification and taking and filling special orders. Makes product
suggestions and engages in suggestive selling. Makes intercom
- Liaises with vendors. Ensures compliance with vendor
requirements. Monitors inventory and space security.
- Supervises, motivates, trains and participates in the hiring of
coffee bar personnel. Monitors associate performance and recommends
personnel actions such as hiring, firing, layoff and disciplinary
action. Schedules personnel to ensure adequate coverage, service
level and meeting of budgetary goals.
- Supervises the day to day functions of the coffee bar to
achieve customer service, and sales and profit objectives.
- Conducts daily inspections of the coffee bar and initiates
corrective measures to maintain in stock conditions, sanitation,
safety and security requirements.
- Assists with all coffee bar duties such as: cleaning, stocking,
storage and customer service.
- Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays.
Controls shrink and expenses. Accurately completes and monitors
daily log sheet, purchase report, and sales and labor and other
required paperwork and logs.
- Maintains records on ad items movement. Takes inventories and
maintains accurate department records.
- Maintains and organizes work and sales areas, backroom, cooler
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and
implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper
signing procedures and monitoring product flow.
- Follows Company and applicable vendor policy in pricing and
handling reduced-to- clear items.
- Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately. Receives
and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the
Store Director as appropriate.
- Ensures that all associates are trained and instructed in the
proper performance of work duties. Plans and conducts weekly sales
meetings. Monitors associate performance and reports observations
to the Store Director. Resolves associate complaints and reports to
the Store Director as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales
and other Company information.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities
safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Coffee
- Ability to taste, smell and test products.
- Requires strong communication skills, good leadership and
interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage people and the
ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers, vendors
- Requires knowledge of employment laws and workplace
- Requires a good understanding of overall company practices and
vendor policies and procedures on storage, displays, production,
safety, sanitation and loss prevention.
- Ability to describe products and educates customers on coffee
and related merchandise.
- Ability to judge and react to business activity.
- Must have knowledge of product quality, variety, standards,
storage, sanitation and labeling.
- Requires knowledge of basic mathematics and measurements.
- Occasionally reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of
varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs. Bends,
stoops and reaches frequently and occasionally climbs ladders.
Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheeler carts and
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate
completion of work activities.
- Operates computer software and electronic ordering devices to
order products, plan sales, input inventory and schedules and print
- Operates mixers, coffee makers and other production
- Utilizes cleaning supplies and equipment. Utilizes safety
cutters, compactors and check stand equipment.
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to cutting
equipment, coffee makers, mixers and other work aids necessary to
perform job duties.
- Exposure of up to 350 Fahrenheit while brewing and maintaining
and mixing hot drinks. Exposure to 35 to 40 Fahrenheit while
handling products in cooler. Exposure to -20 Fahrenheit while
handling products in freezer.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled store
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect
the safety or health of the employee performing the task or
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of work performed by employees assigned to this job. All employees
must comply with Company, Division and Store policies and
applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from
store to store.
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Saint George , Department Manager Starbucks, Other , Page, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!