Coord InFlight Scheduling
Company: Skywest Airlines
Location: Saint George
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Primary Job Duties
With over 13,000 aviation professionals operating thousands of
daily flights, SkyWest Airlines connects millions of passengers
each month to hundreds of destinations across North America.
SkyWest operates in partnership with Delta Air Lines, United
Airlines, American Airlines and Alaska Airlines and has a fleet of
nearly 450 aircraft. Headquartered in St. George, Utah, SkyWest's
industry-leading workforce and excellent leadership team have
consistently generated solid operational and economic performance,
setting the standard for excellence in the regional industry.
SkyWest employees enjoy a distinctive and unmatched culture of
teamwork, respect, quality and professionalism, along with
world-class benefits like 401(k) match, Performance Rewards, health
care, retirement and discounted travel worldwide.
The In-Flight Scheduling Coordinator will coordinate scheduling
for various In-Flight activities including but not limited to:
Initial Operating Experience (IOE), Continuing Qualification (CQ),
Auditors, Instructors, Line Checks, and other activities and
training functions. Coordinate efforts with In-Flight Training,
Operations and Standards as well as Crew Administration and
Instructors to ensure a smooth transition from new hire ground
through online status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule IOE assignments according to instructor availability
and other operational requirements.
- Plan and schedule IOE trips according to equipment requirements
and new hire assigned domicile location.
- Plan and schedule IOE trips in an efficient and cost effective
- Compile all IOE information and add to IOE information form and
send necessary info to both the new hire and instructor.
- Monitor and track new hire progress and status through the IOE
- Communicate and Coordinate with In-Flight Crew Utilization
Coordinator on IOE status and completion.
- Coordinate with Training Department for scheduling of all CQ
- Schedule and Preassign all Ground Instructors.
- Manage all classroom and instructor schedules in TriM system.
Setup, manage, and award monthly CQ bid.
- Send all trainee communications and notifications as
- Reschedule CQ events as necessary due to unforeseen schedule
- Coordinate and schedule all Requal, Special Tracking, and
Remedial Training as needed.
- Coordinate Auditor schedule requirements with Manager, IF
- Schedule and Preassign all In-Flight Auditors monthly
- Build and manage Auditor schedules throughout the month,
rescheduling as necessary to accommodate operational issues.
New Hire Training Functions:
- Coordinate with Training Department and receive information and
rosters on all new hire classes.
- Enter all new hire information into CrewQual and CrewTrac
- Schedule and Preassign all Ground Instructors.
Line Check Functions:
- Schedule Initial, Announced, Unannounced, and Focused Line
Checks as necessary.
- Maintain Line Check records and audit completed Line Check
- Schedule Lead Instructor Line Checks - both Proficiency Checks
and New Lead Instructor Unannounced checks.
- Coordinate with In-Flight departmental Managers and Supervisors
(Training, Services, Standards, Operations) to determine monthly
- Pre-assign all InFlight Ground Instructor schedules; maintain
changes throughout month.
- Coordinate and schedule any specialty training as
- Make necessary arrangements for hotel accommodations and NRPS
travel for all events listed above.
- Schedule, coordinate, and pre-assign other InFlight Training
activities as necessary.
- Schedule conformity checks as required by InFlight
- Ensure proper schedule coverage and pre-assignment application
following Bid Award.
- Coordinate with Crew Payroll to apply pay overrides as needed
for instructors, auditors, etc. Audit as necessary.
- Complete monthly Ground Instructor schedule audit. Submit
information to Manager.
- Maintain excellent communication with Lead Instructors,
In-Flight Records, as well as In-Flight Managers and
- Assist Crew Administration Coordinators with job functions as
- Completion of Monthly Bid Adjustment
- Company designated Travel Coordinator; attend all required
training as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of all Department and Company policies,
FAPM, InFlight Leadership Manual, and other documents as
- Create reports as necessary in Excel and other programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Crew Scheduling experience is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word and Power
- Proficient use of Crew Scheduling Software and all partner
- Must demonstrate detailed record keeping techniques
- Flexibility in schedule to work overtime as needed to meet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Flexible, with strong detail skills and capability of assuming
- Self-motivated, team player
- Ability to work under tight time constraints
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally by telephone
and in person with crewmembers, management and others
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and positively
- Ability to work with others as part of a team and work under
- People oriented, highly motivated, with a positive and
Physical and Other Requirements
- Moderate noise (business office with computers, printers, light
traffic, and Group setting)
- Sitting for extended periods of time in front of a computer and
on the phone
- SkyWest is actively monitoring the COVID-19 coronavirus
pandemic and working to ensure our people remain safe and healthy.
We accomplish this by social distancing, extra cleaning and
sanitizing, mask requirements and limiting visitors in the
building. This position will be onsite and in person, including
Please complete the on-line application.
This job posting may have an additional video interview
requirement. Please monitor your email and junk folder for
Keywords: Skywest Airlines, Saint George , Coord InFlight Scheduling, Other , Saint George, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!