The primary purpose of these positions is greeting visitors,
answering telephones, responding to routine inquiries from a
variety of customers and providing overall support to the
administrative staff on a unit in Region 3.
Learn more about this agency
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level.
- Greet visitors, answer questions, help them location items, and
provide advice or recommendations.
- Create and/or process passes for employees and visitors.
- Sell products or services to customers.
- Read and keep apprised of information and procedures to be
aware of changes and new requirements.
- Collect money, balance the cash drawer, and generate reports
for credit card and debit sales.
- Perform activities such as exchanging merchandise or refunding
- Use database or spreadsheet software to enter, sort, and
retrieve data for standard reports.
- Prepare correspondence relaying current factual and reliable
- Prepare customer records and paperwork e.g., invoices,
contracts, bills, receipts or similar documents.
- Perform timekeeping for employees, or departments.
- Prepare bills for collection.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for field
work, site visits, training and/or meetings.
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective
Service or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background
investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to
have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
- Positions may be filled as career ladders (GS-04/05), or may be
filled at (GS-04) level only, or may be filled at the full
performance (GS-05) level only, dependent upon the individual
In order to qualify, you must meet the eligibility and
qualifications requirements as defined below by the closing date of
the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for
this position, visit the Office of Personnel Management's General
Schedule Qualification Standards.
Your application and resume must clearly show that you possess
the experience requirements. Transcripts must be provided for
qualifications based on education. Provide course descriptions as
Specialized Experience Requirement:
For the GS-04: You must have one year of qualifying general
experience. General experience is experience that equipped the
applicant with the abilities to successfully perform the duties of
this position. General experience is defined as one or more of the
following: Progressively responsible clerical, office, greeting
visitors and responding to phone or written inquiries, using word
processing software or other automated software to produce routine
documents or collecting funds from sales; OR an associate's degree
or two years of successfully completed education above high school;
OR a combination of successfully completed post-high school
education and experience. The education must have been obtained in
an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior
college, college or university.
For the GS-05: You must have one year of specialized experience
equivalent to the GS-04 in the Federal service. Specialized
experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the
particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully
perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is
defined as one or more of the following: Communicating with people,
representing the organization to customers and other external
sources in person, by phone, or in writing; comparing disputed
merchandise with original requisitions and information from
invoices; resolving customer service or billing complaints by
performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding
money, or adjusting bills; reconciling records of sales or other
financial transactions; using computers and computer systems
(including hardware or software) to extract information or create
standard reports; OR a bachelor's degree or 4 years of successfully
completed education above high school; OR a combination of
successfully completed post-high school education (in excess of the
first 60 semester hours) and specialized experience. The education
must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or
technical school, junior college, college or university.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification