Southern Utah University is looking to hire Flight Instructors
for our rotor wing program in Cedar City, UT. These persons will
provide flight, simulator, and ground instruction in accordance
with 14CFR Part 61, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airmen's
Information Manual, advisory circulars, airport operational
requirements, and program policies and procedures. This person will
schedule students, maintain records, and ensure that each student
in each flight course meets course standards, training
requirements, and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform those flight instructor duties authorized by the
Federal Aviation Regulations in accordance with the current
Training Course Outline.
2. Maintain accurate program records including student training
3. Ensure all students understand and practice all aspects of
the Safety Program.
4. Manage training schedules of all assigned students.
5. Attend instructor and student meetings as assigned.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. 200 hours total flight time in helicopters.
2. FAA Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI) Helicopter & CFI
3. SFAR 73 endorsement to instruct in Robinson R44.
4. Completed, or scheduled, Robinson factory safety course.
5. Current FAA Class I or Class II Medical Certificate.
6. Aircraft piloting skills, including familiarity with and
ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures.
7. Knowledge of and ability to apply effective instructional
technique in the classroom and in flight.
8. Knowledge of appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations and
related administrative and operational procedures and
9. Ability to work well under pressure in fast-paced and noisy
environment while exercising sound judgment at all times.
10. Strong customer service skills.
11. Maintain 80% pass rate for final review and stage
12. Density Altitude flying above 5,000 feet
1. CFII rating
2. Bravo Airspace experience
In accordance with Utah State Code 53B-1-110,
appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful
passing of a background check.
Documents Needed to Apply:
CFI or CFII certificate
FAA class I or II medical certificate
Contact information for 3 professional references
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community
which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person;
fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its
members; and encourages individual commitment to personal
responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit
of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop
and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among
its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates
creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any
member of the University community on the basis of race, religion,
color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy,
pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases
protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission,
access to educational programs and activities, or other University
benefits or services.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro