Coordinator Safety Management System (SMS)
Company: SkyWest Airlines
Location: saint george
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Primary Job Duties
The SMS Coordinator supports all Safety Management Systems (SMS)
functions within the company including all operational and support
department SMS needs.
- Performs the role of SMS Coordinator as detailed in Safety
Management System (SMS) Manual SP 5000.
- Assists the Lead Manager Safety Management System in promoting,
developing, and maintaining SMS processes within SkyWest in
accordance with the SkyWest SMS.
- Assists in the development, implementation, maintenance, and
integration of the SMS within SkyWest Airlines.
- Assists in hazard identification and safety risk analysis.
- Maintains safety action plans as directed
- Assists with investigations, as requested.
- Completes the SMS training.
- Facilitates the SRM process with process owners/SMEs.
- Facilitates process measurement of policies, processes, and
- Ensures ongoing process measurement is performed on each
implemented risk control to verify effectiveness.
- Works with the Safety Assurance Data Analysts to obtain
applicable data for process owners/SMEs, when requested.
- Develops and delivers safety and/or audit data reports for
department management and/or mainline partners.
- Prepares monthly safety and/or audit data reports for the
- Attends and/or facilitates DAG meetings.
- Knowledge of SkyWest policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal regulations, including FAA and IOSA.
- Knowledge of and/or experience using Steton, WBAT, Sharepoint,
and SkyWest's voluntary employee reporting systems (i.e., ASAP,
IOR, and SCR).
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Ability to proficiently/accurately type 40-60 words per
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis.
- Motivated self-starter; ability to work effectively with
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and projects; meets
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate office equipment (e.g., printers, fax
machines) and telephone systems.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Team player; contributes to a positive work environment.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment with tight
deadlines; works through stressful situations in a competent and
Physical and Other Requirements
- Sitting for extended period of time in front of computer
Keywords: SkyWest Airlines, Saint George , Coordinator Safety Management System (SMS), Other , saint george, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!