Janitorial Floor Tech Member - St George, UT
Company: Kellermeyer Bergensons Services
Location: Saint George
Posted on: May 3, 2021
For over 70 years, Kellermeyer Bergensons Services (KBS) has
delivered best-in-class property services to major retailers,
healthcare, churches, and commercial facilities across the United
States. Our core services are janitorial, facilities repair and
maintenance, landscape management, and parking lot maintenance
services. Kellermeyer Bergensons Services is reliable,
cost-effective, and professional. Our property services offerings
allow our customers the option to bundle a combination of services
or to select single services.
KBS is looking for a motivated, high-energy Floor Tech Member
that performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in
building adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in a clean,
orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff,
visitors, vendors, client's staff, and other employees as
necessary. Perform all duties related to maintaining the general
cleanliness and safety of the main floor, restrooms, and back
These are hourly, non-exempt, full-time positions. Se Habla
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; available to work weekends.
Supervision: The Floor Tech position reports to the Crew
Key Job Responsibilities
- Perform spot removal, extraction, bonnet cleaning, strip/wax,
scrub/recoat, seal/grout, etc.
- Scrub, shine, clean, and repair carpeted and non-carpeted areas
using appropriate equipment and chemicals.
- Clean floors and stairways by sweeping, mopping, and
- Move large furniture and objects when necessary, and follow
safety guidelines to prevent injury to themselves and others.
- Keep janitor closet neat, clean, and organized
- Follow the manufacturer's specifications for preparing
chemicals and using the equipment.
- Ensure building doors and windows are secure and locked.
- Report to Supervisor needed repairs, safety hazards, or
conditions requiring additional service.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Area Supervisor or Area
- Must be dependable, honest, strong work ethic, motivated,
professional appearance, communication skills, team player.
- Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, and
supplies preferred, but not required.
- One year of prior floor care experience preferred.
- Must be able to use an industrial scrubber machine
- Ability to carry out detailed or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job
- Disposition to perform other duties as assigned
- Third Shift availability
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below
the waist and above the head
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual
(picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion
- The office environment has minimum hazards, which may include
varying temperatures and moderate noise levels.
- The site environment may have varying temperatures, varying
workstations, and varying interactions with customers and staff.
The noise level is usually moderate.
- Facilities are over a quarter-mile in length
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors,
hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on
concrete for long hours, and wet or uneven surfaces
- Occasionally work occurs in poor weather conditions, including
heat, cold, rain, or snow.
What's In It For You?
Supportive work environment shifts that accommodate your
KBS considers all applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, gender identity, and expression, marital or
military status, or based on an individual's status in any group or
class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KBS
also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Se Habla Espaol
Keywords: Kellermeyer Bergensons Services, Saint George , Janitorial Floor Tech Member - St George, UT, Other , Saint George, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!