Cook, Yavapai Hotel
Company: Delaware North
Location: Grand canyon
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring an experienced
Cook to join our team at Yavapai Hotel in Grand Canyon
Cook t at Yavapai Hotel start at
Great perks available for our Grand Canyon team
• FREE on-site housing for our associates including
shared trailers, apartments, dorm rooms, and
• $500 sign-on bonus!
• Food and retail discounts.
- Assists in training and coaching of other team members.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with
all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items and packages
all products to proper
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- At least 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house
foodservice position required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.
Who We Are
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
- Kitchen environment – noise levels may be
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow
Keywords: Delaware North, Saint George , Cook, Yavapai Hotel, Other , Grand canyon, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!