13B Cannon Crewmember - Weapons Systems Technician - Heavy Weapons
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a Cannon Crewmember in the Army National Guard, you join a
team that ensures the U.S. maintains its battlefield superiority.
You’ll deliver decisive blows to the enemy using howitzers and
learn how to use high-tech cannon artillery weapons systems, plus
artillery tactics and strategy.
And as your skills increase, so will your responsibilities.
Advanced Crewmembers supervise other crewmembers in the
distribution of ammunition, as well as manage cannon operations,
training, and maintenance.
• Conducting wire and radio communications
• Identifying target locations
• Setting, loading, and firing artillery
• Using computers to generate fire direction data
• Operating heavy and light wheeled trucks and tracked vehicles
• Transporting and managing artillery ammunition
• Maintaining operational readiness of vehicles and equipment
• Participate in reconnaissance operations
• Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
• Ability to make quick decisions
• Capable of working as a team member
You’ll become familiar with technology while you build strategic
thinking and leadership skills that are in high-demand in the
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the
Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while
earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition
Job training for a Cannon Crewmember requires 10 weeks of Basic
Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills. Then you will
attend Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which consists of seven
weeks of additional training. Part of this time is spent in a
classroom and part in the field under simulated combat
Keywords: Army National Guard, Saint George , 13B Cannon Crewmember - Weapons Systems Technician - Heavy Weapons, Other , Beaver, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!