Company: Under Canvas
Location: Mount Carmel
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Hourly Rate Starting at: $17/hr
As a Line Cook, you are an integral part of our food and beverage
program.You will work with other Back of the House team members to
deliver on culinary standards in our live fire kitchens. Working in
various stations including grill, saut , fry, prep, pantry, outdoor
pop-up dining experiences, and providing support to the overall
operation makes you the heart of the operation. You will keep our
guests and team members safe by following food safety and
sanitation protocols. Your goal is to work as a team to push out
quality dishes to create memorable dining experiences.We cater to a
diverse range of guests including groups, families, and individuals
varying in age, interests, and with various degrees of comfort in
outdoor elements.This is a seasonal, hourly position and includes
free employee housing for the duration of employment.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
* You maintain composure, take action, are resourceful, and
solutions-minded in unpredictable situations such as weather,
diverse needs of guests, or incidents on property.
* Be knowledgeable about menu ingredients and food preparation
methods to help navigate guest questions and special dietary
* Collaborate and interact professionally with guests, food &
beverage team, and other department co-workers.
* Provide clear, accurate, complete, and timely communication.
* Demonstrate the ability to problem solve independently or in
collaboration with your team and/or supervisor.
* Actively maintain guest safety by following all food safety and
* Your culinary passion and commitment to delivering quality menu
items will be a critical contribution to positive guest
* Your positive attitude, ability to listen to team members, and
anticipate operational needs will lead to consistently positive
* Contribute to programing by sharing ideas for specials or
* You value teamwork, quickly step in to help others.
* Prepare and plate dishes with proper prep and portioning in a
WHAT IT TAKES
* Have obtained a High School Diploma or GED
* Line or grill cook experience preferred but required
* Food Handler Certification
*Must be obtained within two weeks of start of employment
* Ability to follow direction
* Strong communication skills
* Friendly Team-Player
Physical Requirements (If accommodations are needed, please contact
HR during interview process):
* Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including
during extreme heat and cold or weather events
* Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 51 lbs.
require assistance from a co-worker
* Able to stand and move for long periods of time
WHY UNDER CANVAS
Free Housing - Competitive Pay - Beautiful Locations - Great
Culture - Travel
Keywords: Under Canvas, Saint George , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Mount Carmel, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!