Accounting Director/Business Office Manager @ Ovation Sienna Hills!
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Our mission toenhance the life of every personwe serve starts
with our team members.When you become part of Ovation, you really
are joining a family.
Title: Accounting Director/Business Office Manager
Location: Ovation Sienna Hills - 1525 East Ovation Place,
Washington, Utah 84780
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the
day-to-day accounting functions of the community in accordance with
current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles
relating to nursing or assisted living community operations and as
may be directed by the Administrator, Executive Director or Area
- Always Emulate the Ovation brand with a focus on service,
exceeding expectations, and creating exceptional moments for all
- Always Embrace and emulate the Ovation mission statement and
core values and set an example of these values for all those that
interact with you.
- Assist residents and team members to find their passion for
life and pursuit of engagement within the Ovation family.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest,
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Empower and engage team members to create memorable moments for
our residents and other team members.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Assist in implementing day-to-day functions of the accounting
- Implement written policies and procedures that govern the
accounting functions of the community.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of an adequate
accounting system that reflects the operating cost of the
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be
- Maintain an open packing slip and purchase order file.
- Match invoices to packing slips and purchase orders
- Process and verify payment of invoices on a timely
- Verify invoices received for quantity, unit price, extensions
- Make written reports to the Accountant/Director of
Finance/Administrator/Executive Director on invoices received that
do not match purchase orders
- Forward invoices to appropriate department personnel for
approval for payment.
- Code invoices with appropriate chart of account number to
ensure that expenses are distributed to the correct expense
- Send checks and maintain a file of paid invoices
- Communicate with supplier/vendors concerning errors or
questions on invoices.
- Prepare monthly totals of open invoices, accounts payable, cash
disbursements, etc., as may be directed
- Record payments received to appropriate cash receipts
- Post payments received to appropriate resident
- Verify accuracy of daily deposit ticket with cash receipts
- Maintain a file of copies of all charge slips, debits, credits,
etc., issued to each resident.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements to include
monthly balance sheet, income and expense reports, etc., as
- Assist in preparing financial and statistical reports as
- Ensure that resident admission contracts are signed and
- Maintain payroll to include maintenance of employee records,
processing timecards, paychecks, computation of federal and state
payroll taxes, miscellaneous deductions, etc., as directed
- Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access
community information systems
- Follow established resident fund accounting procedures. Provide
each resident with a quarterly accounting of his/her funds managed
by the community.
- Agree not to disclose residents' protected health information
or other personal information and promptly report suspected or know
violations of such disclosures to the Administrator/Executive
- Responsible to manage and maintain departmental budgets. As
well as meet budget expectations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Report suspected or known incidence of fraud relative to false
billings, cost reports, kickbacks, etc.
- Ensure that departmental computer workstations left unattended
are properly logged off or the password protected automatic screen
saver activates within established community policy
- Report known or suspected incidents of fraud, waste and/or
abuse to the Administrator/Executive Director.
- As part of being an Ovation team member you may be recorded or
photographed as part of marketing campaigns and quality assurance.
You will be asked to consent to this as part of your new hire
- Participation in all compliance training programs.
- Works in office area(s) as well as throughout the Campus
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, personnel, and visitors.
- Communicates with the all department directors and other team
- Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays
when necessary. On call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g.,
severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Is involved in community/civic health matters/projects as
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors,
etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust,
disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including TB, COVID19, AIDS and Hepatitis
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
- Maintains a liaison with the residents, their families, support
departments, etc., to adequately plan for the residents' needs.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Degree from an accredited college
- Must have a minimum of three years' experience in bookkeeping
or accounting practices. Experience in health care accounting
preferred but not required
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to proficiently operate a computer. Must possess
basic computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Be knowledgeable in the use of computers, data
input/retrieval/output functions, etc.
- Must be able to type 45 words per minute and use a 10-key
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement
and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures
that are necessary for providing sound accounting
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing accounting
- Must possess the ability to examine and verify financial
documents and reports.
- Must be able to prepare financial and other records in a
systematic, neat and legible manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with team members,
residents, visitors and the public.
- Must be calm and levelheaded in emergencies.
- Must be well groomed and possess ability to work harmoniously
with other team members.
- Must possess the ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse
of equipment, etc.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm,
as well as must be willing to handle residents, staff, and
visitors, based on whatever maturity level at which they are
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the
requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this community, which include a medical and physical
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
Keywords: Ovation, Saint George , Accounting Director/Business Office Manager @ Ovation Sienna Hills!, Executive , Washington, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!